Subject: [Leica] the m3 still impresses the common man...
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Apr 17 20:19:27 2004

i was at my son's t-ball kickoff parade, and the parent INSISTED
i take group shots of the boys.  and i just happed to have my m3
around my neck.

altought i had the ever-present notctilux, i shot at something like
f4 and 1/60.  the camera was loaded with panf, which i rate at 32 ASA,
and a #11 yellow green filter which knocked the film speed down to 8.
not the ideal setup.  we'll see how it turns out.

but i was impressed that even today the m3 looks like the serious camera
that it is.

incidentally i'd say the mix or dig/film i observed was about 80/20.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey