Subject: [Leica] Sand Hill Cranes or I am not Doug Herr
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun Apr 18 21:02:50 2004

on 4/18/04 12:43 PM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:

> I think next time I visit my dad's family I will find a landowner that
> abuts the Platte and build something out of the underbrush that
> accumulates and live with the mosquito's to get some good close images.

Don, that's an excellent idea, especially if you can leave the blind set up
for a number of years.  It's certainly possible that you'd get good photos
the first time out but Sandhills are very aware of changes in their
environment and are cautious about anything that looks different.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com