Subject: [Leica] Re: coffee (WAS: Tea in England)
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Apr 19 06:47:34 2004

Luckily I don't drink coffee, can't stand the stuff.  However i have had
some hot chocolate at Starbucks, and find it the worst drink I have ever
tasted.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com>    |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           04/16/2004 07:24 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Leica] Re: coffee (WAS: Tea in England)                            |

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 16:10, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Just to make y'all envious: when I am in Seville (every week) I get a
> cup of coffee for 80 Euro cents which beats anything I have ever tasted
> at any Starbucks or other yuppified coffee shop. I do spend more on
> coffee when I am in New York or London, since the native stuff there is
> awful.
> Nathan

Starbucks makes some of the worst coffee on the planet and it costs an
arm and a leg to boot. Sometimes I think I should just go in there and ask
the guy
behind the counter to simply kick me in the shins for the same amount of
money.
Would be just about as enjoyable. I also really dislike how they have run
all
of the small local coffee shops out of business. A Starbucks store has
about as much
personality as a damp cardboard box. Feels like sitting in a cooperate
cafeteria.
Believe it or not 7-11 actually makes a pretty good, drinkable cup of
coffee.
Some of the better coffee I've recently had was from a catering truck that
served
a roast from the New Hall Roasting Company, which I subsequently stumbled
across
at Costco...

Feli