Subject: [Leica] Authenticity (GeeBee as Urban Legend)
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Apr 19 18:32:37 2004

Our Graham has generated a bit of controversy on an Urban Legend
site.  It's hysterical, but it also points to the trust issues that the Age
of Photoshop has wrought upon photojournalism.

The original picture:  http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Garden_sign.html

Graham wrote:
 > No one at the link below (how they got hold of it is a mystery) is a
 > believer but my garden sign shot is absolutely genuine

http://www.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/60/t/000595.html

The above originally appeared on the Olympus list, and is reposted here
with Graham's permission.

--Peter, in a subversive mood today