Subject: [Leica] Starbucks
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Tue Apr 20 11:58:23 2004

| On 4/19/04 3:55 PM, "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> wrote:
|
| > Often true but then you haven,t been to my hometown a lot.
| > simon jessurun
| > amsterdam
| >
| > | Although it's easy to be dismissive of Starbuck's, the one thing
it
| > does have
| > | going for it is that its tight controls on making espresso make
its
| > product
| > | absolutely consistent worldwide.  While a "doppio" at Starbucks
might
| > only hit
| > | 90% of the fun factor of Segafredo through a Pavoni machine done
| > properly, it
| > | beats the hell out of the burnt double shots I have experienced in
| > about half
| > | the cafes I have visited in Europe (not a small number).
| > |
| > | Quoting Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>:
| > |
> [...]
Spanish
| > are

| > the

| > what
| > Turkish

| > information

| > |
| > |
| Where was espresso invented? Turkey?
| Independent invention no doubt. But which comes closer to what we know
now
| from Starbucks and others? I think it might be Italy.
| And who invented the synthetic French fry machine?
| With pure cane sugar added to the mix for consistency of browning
coast to
| coast.
|

| Mark Rabiner
| Photography
| Portland Oregon
|

| New-improved
| http://rabinergroup.com/

No ,what is generally known as Turkish coffee is coffee made from
boiling the ground beans with or without sugar.then decanting the
product carefully in small cups.It,s a very convenient low energy way of
preparing coffee.In italy there also is a widely used way of making
coffee with small percolators on a stove.
Both taste nice but have as disadvantage that the vegatable fats get
into the drink and these are very bad for your heart like coconut fat
and some others.
Espresso is a method where superheated steam is pressed through the
ground coffee.
Thereby extracting less caffeine and different compounds i,m no chemist
so i would have to look up the exact details.
best regards
simon jessurun
amsterdam

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] CowPAW not CowPIE)