Subject: [Leica] the Rose on/off switch
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Wed Apr 21 13:47:59 2004

My point exactly.

gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>        |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           04/21/2004 02:52 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>                             |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] the Rose on/off switch                                      |

The problem with the 'pull the advance lever out slightly' on-off switch
is that it's awfully easy for the lever to be pushed out -  in the bag
or on the shoulder. How hard is it to spin the shutter speed dial to OFF
on the TTL, or B on the M6? And if there's that kind of switch, and no
lock that keeps the shutter release from being pushed, you can't end up
with the kind of disaster Ted encountered where some Cro-Magnon airlines
security dolt forces the shutter release down past a 'lock.'

B. D.