Subject: [Leica] Half frame M 4-2
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:51:21 2004

The camera in the auction is almost certainly a copy
because the film gate in the appropriate picture looks
like it is stuck onto a normal 24x36 shutter crate. I
have a 1/2 frame M4P which I bought from a well
respected dealer who says it is genuine though Tom
Abrahamson was skeptical and thought only about 6 were
made. On mine the film gate is machined 18x24, this
obviously could only be done as a copy if the copier
had access to unmachined shutter crate castings.
Frank

Check out this website. It does list an M4-2 half

http://corsopolaris.net/supercameras/half/halformat1s.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30030&item=3810677016&rd=1