Subject: [Leica] Mark Rabinor and his wonderful new exposure mode
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Apr 28 19:49:08 2004

I think maybe Mark has hit on a truly marvelous idea for digital.  Auto
iso: photographer sets the shutter and aperture and the camera sets the
appropriate ISO based on users defined limits on the histogram.

There could be real money in this.

No, I am not being cute.  How many times have we all fought to hold F1
or F1.4 with a decent shutter speed.  How many times have we wanted a
certain aperture to hold specific details in focus and exclude others
but didn't want to drag a tripod two miles up hill so we could use the
inevitable slow shutter speed.  With digital, there are many fewer
compromises with higher ISO's.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from dante at umich.edu (dante@umich.edu) ([Leica] Mark Rabinor and his wonderful new exposure mode)