Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 17
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Thu Apr 29 07:42:02 2004

Hi Phong,

I agree I _should_ shoot verticals more often, but I rarely do.  I think
it's something to do with the Leica ergonomics that steers me away from
verticals...I have a much harder time focusing vertically than
horizontally, and recomposing isn't always a good option.  Or maybe I'm
just used to seeing in horizontals more.

Does anyone else have these issues with shooting verticals?  I was thinking
maybe I should set myself the task of shooting a couple of rolls entirely
vertically and see how it goes.

Thanks for your comments on the pix.  Now that you point it out to me, I
think you're right about the swimming pool-look!  I think the way she
slicked her hair back contributed to that impression.

Best,
Aaron

At 01:16 PM 4/28/2004, Phong wrote:
>I think you need to shoot vertical more often.
>I like the eyes in the first 2 shots (Elizabeth
>and Stephanie) very much.  Stephanie is neautiful, and
>I wish the glass does not block her beautiful smile.
>I love the exposure on that one though.
>Both of these shots (and perhaps also the next 2)
>would benefit from a vertical composition, in my
>opinion.
>
>I also like the last shot (of the toast).
>The Other Elizabeth (4th shot), with the strap of her
>dress and (unseen) handbag, together with her hairdo,
>and very blurred background looks like she just stepped
>out of a swimming pool (sorry!)
>
>Thanks for posting,

after I showed:

Message from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 17)