Subject: [Leica] can't get the back open... why doesn't this thing advance???
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (Joseph Codispoti)
Date: Thu Apr 29 12:25:02 2004

For me advancing the film is a matter of habit. Early on I trained myself to
wind immediately after the exposure. Of course, with the M6 meter, the
camera should be stored with the shutter un-cocked and at the B setting.

My embarrassing situation happened when I used an EOS camera for the first
time.
I was taking photos in a noisy environment. At one point the camera refused
to take further pictures. After much fussing and deleting expletives in
several languages I realized that I had come to the end of the film and,
silently, the camera had rewound the film.

Joe