Subject: [Leica] Light meters
From: frankandaubrey at mindspring.com (Frank Farmer)
Date: Thu Apr 29 20:11:28 2004

Jim,

Not all of the Sekonic meters are sans batteries.  I have a Sekonic Studio
Deluxe II Model L-398M.  It is the classic sort of meter with the swivel head.
I have no complaints about it and it is accurate enough for B&W films with no
problems.  It will not read in exceptionally low light however.  For that, you'll need
the fancier battery powered Sekonics or Gossens or whatnot.  I like mine as a
back-up/second opinion and I like the fact that it doesn't need batteries.  For
the most part it is only there in case the batteries run out in my M6TTL in the first place.
I like to be able to go completely without batteries if need be.  Of course, that
has actually never happened to me - but all the same I like to be prepared. ;-)

Frank Farmer