Subject: [Leica] Trying to open now shooting weddings with one camera
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Fri Apr 30 05:54:41 2004

Truer words were ne'er spoken.

I was shooting a wedding last December, happily shooting away all the
pre-wedding jitters and joy without a hitch. The bridesmaids walked down
the aisle, the bride was next to come in, the back church doors were
closed before opening to reveal the bride in her splendor. I'm in
position, ready to catch the shot and what do I hear but my Quantum T2
flash triple-beeping to tell me something is amiss. I hit the shutter
again and heard 'beep, beep, beep'. The doors were opening, the bride
was back there, she was splendid and I was having a crisis. I had no
choice but to PUNT. My assistant, realizing my problem, pitched me my
backup and I didn't miss a beat. Thank God.

This would be a good time to point out that a backup really only comes
in handy if it is READY to go. Have it out of the bag, film or a media
card in it, have a lens on it and have it turned on.

You may never need a backup but I can assure you, when you do, you'll be
darn glad of having packed it.

I always take 3 bodies to a wedding...2 Canon 10Ds and my M6, 2 Quantum
T2s with 3 battery packs, 2 Canon on-camera flashes with 2 battery packs
plus 8 AA batteries, 4 lenses and enough media cards to shoot until
dawn. And a flashlight and a few bandaids and an extra contact lens and
a tape measure and safety pins and a pen with paper......

Oh weddings are sooo much fun!
Lea