Subject: [Leica] Right Click and Copyright
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat May 1 12:13:51 2004

If you can see it on your screen it can be saved to disk either via the source
to the page and the subsequent URL or via a screen capture program.

You'll note that we don't get many "large" images from the newspapers, I assume
for just that reason.

DVD playback software usually makes the attempt to protect the screen from being
captured but there are almost always ways around it.

This is the downside to digital - as Brian said - bits are forever and once you
have them out there they are going to be floating around and viewable, and
usable, for everyone. Since "everyone" knows that it's okay to take what you can
find on the net whether it's software, music, or images - well, what you put up
to show will be stolen.

I've never looked at digital watermarks but for images you really care about
they might be useful - at least in proving that you own or created an image.

Adam Bridge