Subject: [Leica] best all round 50 mm??
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon May 3 06:39:45 2004

Ruben

I would go with the 50/2 Summicron, either the latest or the previous model
(I believe they are the same optically).  It is a top performer worthy of
its reputation and is priced right - for a Leica optic.  Most bang for your
buck (Dollar/Euro/Yen/Ruble etc.)

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Ruben" <ruben@rhodos.dk>                    |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           04/30/2004 11:04 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>                               |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] best all round 50 mm??                                          |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I use my 35 mm summicron (non asph, ca. 1990)  85% of the time and my 90 mm
15% on my M6. I never used normal lenses much, but by using them in
medium-format I found that I am beginning to like them more and more. Since
I never tried a normal 50 mm on my M6, and since I would probably not use
it
more them say 15-20 % of the time (time mostly taken by the amount I would
have used the 35 mm) I do not want to use a fortune on a lens - I dont need
the noctilux F 1.0, but I would like go for a lens of max F.2.0 like the
summicron. Question ?? some of you shooting a lot of 50 mm with experience
of different optics - what would be the best 50 mm allround optics, with an
image quality like my 35 mm summicron - would some of the olde optics be as
good - and what about voigtl?nder? I shoot a lot of pictures with little
DOF
so i prefere not to have optics showing pantagon/hexagon shaped highlights
in the background
ruben