Subject: [Leica] LUG Gallery additions
From: graham at geebeephoto.com (Graham Battison)
Date: Tue May 4 09:26:43 2004

From: "Jim McIntyre" <mcintyre@ca.inter.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Gallery additions

> Graham,
>
> No comment on some of the other "lame" votes, but this one:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Northamptonshire/fother
>
> does not in my mind deseve 2 "Ells". I find the image, framing and subject
> matter very appealing. I'm a sucker for catherdrals, and this is a classic
> offering of something we don't see here much in the "new world". One
> comment, and please take it in the most positive way, is that the sky
could
> be "enhanced" to add more drama and contrast. I did a very rudimentary
> editing of the image [my, how very bold he is....] to illustrate what I'm
> suggesting:
>
> http://members.rogers.com/jmcdesigns/jamesstreet/fother.jpg
>
> My close-cropping of the sky to do this was not done as carefully as a
> "real" editing process would be done, but I also don't have the full-res
> version. And of course, it is a matter of taste as to how one likes
> contrast, drama etc in their images. A more subtle contrast upping may be
> more acceptable to others....
>
> I hope you don't mind my taking liberties with your creative process, the
> results of which I've greatly enjoyed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,
It was a great sky but I resisted the temptation to darken it because it
changed the look of the church from that of 'House of God' to 'House of
Satan'. I didn't mind at all that you tinkered with the image it was
interesting to see what you made of it. Thanks for looking and commenting.

--Graham

Message from mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre) ([Leica] LUG Gallery additions)