Subject: [Leica] Film winding problem
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul Hardy Carter)
Date: Tue May 4 12:56:08 2004

Hi all,

I've been away from the LUG for a couple of years, but I hope I can stay in contact now.

I have a problem. My M6TTL has developed a strange problem with winding on film. After a few frames of a new film the crank becomes very stiff until it locks solid. I can free it by wiggling the rewind crank to free things up, then I can take another few frames. When empty everything seems to work fine. Its happened with every film since it first occurred.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it a familiar problem? Is there a simple fix? Or do I have to put the thing in dock for a while?

I feel sure one of you gurus will be able to give me a tip! Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Replies: Reply from jimmy at rahul.net (Jimmy Patrick) ([Leica] Film winding problem)