Subject: [Leica] So beautiful that.....
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri May 7 09:49:11 2004

When I was just barely old enough to vote, I had a job with an airline that required me to do a lot of flying, and in those days, airline employees could fly first class fairly easily.

As an airline worker I knew a lot of flight attendants--in those days they were called stewardesses, and they were all young, attractive, physically fit women. From knowing them I understood that while they were on the job, one of the challenges was that the passengers were constantly making passes at them, trying to get their attention, a dinner date, or more.

I took this as a challenge, and every time I flew, I set a goal of trying to get a date with one of the stewardesses. I finally found something that worked, and it worked every time.

I would fly with no carryon baggage except my IIIf with a 2.0/35 Summicron, and a copy of James Joyce's "The Dubliners". I put the camera around my neck in such a way that it was visible from the aisle, and I read the book. (It's a book that, if you like it, wants to be read more than once. I like it.)

About 1 hour before the plane landed I would put the book down and just look around. Without fail, one of the stewardesses would come over to talk to me, and without fail I was able to get a date with her.

What happened after that is none of your business.

Brian

Replies: Reply from crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts) ([Leica] So beautiful that.....)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: So beautiful that.....)