Subject: [Leica] fedex comes through
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Fri May 7 15:05:40 2004

this is a follow up to the $100 fedex controversy.

after some of my leica equipment was damaged in fedex transit, and i submitted
a claim months later after getting the equipment back from the various
repairers  (i did called fedex the day i discovered the damage), we went
back and forth a little because of their normal 45-day limit in reporting
damage, but i explained that DAG and Leica USA don't work on that schedule,
and one item went back to germany for adjustment!!

last week i got a check from fedex.
fedex paid for all repairs and reimbursed the shipping, a sum  well
over $1,000.00.   so my experience is that they will cover you, (make sure
to fill out "value" in the bottom right corner) and they have a solid customer
with me.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com