Subject: [Leica] "Even us natives don't write English good"
From: brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly)
Date: Sun May 9 09:39:36 2004

On May 9, 2004, at 11:25 AM, John Collier wrote:

> Or the use of decimated to imply reduced to a tenth rather than the
> correct meaning of reduced by a tenth.

this used to bug me to death, as well.  but i've come to accept that
"decimated" has been used often enough in the new way that it's now an
acceptable definition.

the you're/your and its/it's thing bothers me as well, especially when
i'm the guilty party, but i think this is most often a typo rather than
an ignorant mistake.  nearly everyone knows the difference, but, when
typing, we frequently type the wrong word.

--
brad daly
brad@bradbrad.com

What Would Bill Hicks Say?

"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
	--Mohandas Gandhi

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] "Even us natives don't write English good")
Message from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] "Even us natives don't write English good")
Message from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] "Even us natives don't write English good")