Subject: [Leica] Re: A Runner's eye view of the Boston Marathon
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun May 9 14:27:20 2004

B.D.:

>And that's pretty good for a rank beginner
>who was running 26.2 miles while shooting.

No excuses.  Either the work stands by itself or it doesn't.  Doesn't matter
if she's a rank beginner.  Doesn't matter that she ran 26.2 miles.  Doesn't
matter that she's a "bandit."

She captured my attention, and held it 'til the end.  On a dialup
connection.  I viewed each and every photo.  Read each caption.  Good for
her.  If this is her final project, I'd say she deserves an A.  :)

The photos wouldn't be as good without the story.  The story wouldn't be as
good without the photos.  She's not a photographic genius.  She's not a
literary genius.  But coming up with this idea and then executing it like
she did?  Well, it's still not genius, but it's pretty damn clever.

Kudos to her.  She deserves it.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/