Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue May 11 22:25:24 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+bdcolen=earthlink.net@leica-users.org
Marc James Small
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 7:24 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Best known photo ?

At 06:43 AM 5/11/04 +0100, Gerry Walden wrote:
>I am with Tom 100% on this, and can echo the sentiments expressed as I
>too was in Europe at that time (and, of course, I still am). And
nothing
>has changed over the years, the feelings here are still pretty much the

>same!

Gerry

This thread was not discussing the attitudes of Europeans or Canadians
toward the Viet-Nam War but the impact these pictures had on US
attitudes and, bluntly, the Gallup and Harris polls through 1973 to 1975
show that the majority of the US populace support a "winning" strategy
in Viet-Nam -- that is, the folks here didn't want a "limited" war but
were willing to support guerre a la outrance to drive the North
Viet-Namese out of business.  These pictures were viewed by Middle
America as the sort of thing the distrusted "left-wing" media came up
with and were not viewed in Peoria as being representative of the
situation in South-East Asia.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!