Subject: [Leica] US Steam Locomotives : was Steam Freaks
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Mon May 17 16:34:34 2004

Terry, Richard K. and co. and all the other steam fans.

Now , purely by chance of course ;-)
Here a couple of shots of a nicely preserved and restored  US Class S160
2-8-0 from WWII.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-67086.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-67087.html

One of 168 of this type allocated to the London and North Eastern
Railway (LNER) sheds at Neville Hill in Leeds, UK.
I don't know whether any more of this class are under steam and still
running in the UK, this one is
at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR), and was shot just after
receiving the certificates to pull passenger and goods
traffic. Tomorrow I'll be posting a couple of nice UK locos, a couple of
Gresley Streamlined "Streaks", the "Nunney Castle"
and the "Blue Peter" (well known to all UK kids in the 60's and 70's).
Douglas

--
Ihre bevorzugten Shops, hilfreiche Einkaufs-Hilfen und gro?artige
Geschenk Ideen. Erleben Sie das Vergn?gen online einzukaufen mit