Subject: [Leica] Burning a hole in the shutter
From: mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Wed May 19 14:10:06 2004

It took all of 15 to 20 seconds for my shutter to have a hole burned in it
as well.  I was using the 135 APO on my M6 at the time, stopped down to a
small aperture due to it being a sunny day.  Sat down at a park bench with
the camera still around my neck, and simply leaned back to stretch my spine
for a few breaths, with the lens pointing up towards the sun.  That's all it
took.

Now I'm religious about keeping a covering over the lens when it's not in
use, and making sure the glass isn't directed towards the sun when it is in
use.

Regards,

Mitch