Subject: [Leica] On the Farm near Lincoln, CA
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed May 19 14:17:53 2004

Saturday we toured a bit of restoration - attempting to give the boot to the
invasive "exotics" and return the land to natives.

Walking up the hill to the house, nestled in drying wild oatgrass was a stand of
California poppies just beginning to unfold in the thin overcast light.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-05-Valley/E100VS-05-Grassy-crp-crv-spt-
shrp.jpg>

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-05-Valley/E100VS-08-Grassy-crp-crv-spt-
shrp.jpg>

The gentleman who is working on the restoration is in his mid-80s

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-05-Valley/E100VS-00-Grassy-crp-crv-spt-
shrp.jpg>

This old tractor still works although he wishes he had bought the one that came
with the place back in the 70s.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-05-Valley/E100VS-12-Grassy-crp-crv-shrp.
jpg>

This is a native poppy, mostly found in Southern Caifornia, but which does just
fine up here in the Central Valley

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-05-Valley/E100VS-12-Lincoln-crp-crv-shrp.
jpg>

All images made with R8, 100mm APO on E100VS.

Comments most welcome and definately invited. I always desire to become better.

Adam