Subject: [Leica] Re: Expensive Leica service
From: jkoplen at mindspring.com (Julian Koplen)
Date: Thu May 20 05:01:08 2004

This is a follow-up to the R4 story mentioned below.  The cost was in
American dollars.  UPS delivered the rejuvenated camera to me yesterday,
exactly 13 days after Leica repair received it in New Jersey.  According to
the accompanying invoice, they did the CLA, including all switches,
viewfinder structures, etc., replaced a clutch and the foam, and "checked"
the meter.

Apparently, after 20 years, the meter was still in proper adjustment (and
that is in agreement with my own user experience with the camera)

worth that much for an R4?  For me, it is worth that to have a fully
functional backup for my
R8, a backup that will take all of the R lenses.

Julian