Subject: [Leica] Positive product endorsement: ExpoDisc
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu May 20 18:54:24 2004

Many on this list are old enough to remember the Wallace Expo Disc which
served as a means to turn any meter into an incident meter.

At PMA I met the owner and the inventor of these devices and they have
updated them for the digital age.  Basically, they allow you to set an
incident exposure and set your white balance if your camera allows you
to create a custom white balance.  No more sorta on white balance.

For those of you still using film (me) it allows you to shoot a frame
with the disk on and easily set a color balance from the blank frame.
If your meter is good then it will be 18% gray.

Unfortunately, no comps, no affiliation, and no free anything.  The
device however works very well indeed.

Now back to the wars.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com