Subject: [Leica] M5 meter question
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri May 21 02:23:09 2004

The M5 has a delightful mechanism  which collapses the
meter arm as the lens is removed, to prevent it being
damaged. The cheaper CL does not have this mechanism.
Held in the right light one can see the meter through
the fitted lens with open aperture, or, if you have a
screw adaptor, mounting the adaptor alone on the
camera and advancing the shutter will make it visible.
The arm obviously retracts as the shutter button is
pressed.
Frank

--- Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> wrote: > I just got
my M5 back from DAG. I have a rather