Subject: [Leica] PAW
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri May 21 11:43:45 2004

On 5/21/04 <aaron.sandler@duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)> thoughtfully wrote:

>At least BD's subject was only walking at the time, unlike the driver this
>morning who I only avoided by slamming on my brakes.  (She had started to
>make a right turn on red right into my path...while she was talking on the
>phone.)  I wish I could charge her for half of the next replacement of my
>brake pads.

In the past week drivers on cell phones have pulled out into traffic (without
looking) at least three times in the past week.

But worse, pedestrians talking on the phone have the same thing! It's like the
conversation puts them in a different space that doesn't involve things like
cars, trucks and bikes.

But cyclists plugged into their iPods etc are just as scary - losing aurel
contact with the world around them. Shuddering.

Adam

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] PAW)