Subject: [Leica] observations about the "More than 1 Ms" thread
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri May 21 17:48:16 2004

On Saturday, May 22, 2004, at 01:54 Australia/Melbourne, Peterson
Arthur G NSSC wrote:

> Okay, I'll "mention...using a Tri-Elmar for the situations where
> multiple
> lens choice is important."  It's great; I love it!

> As my use of the 28mm focal length is relatively infrequent (and as I
> usually also carry a 90mm, "just in case"), the M lens I'd really like
> would
> be a 35-50-90 Tri-Elmar (or a 35-50-75-90 Quad-Elmar),

The only real issue for me with the Tri-elmar is flare. It seems to be
very prone to flare. Leica claim the main reason for 28-35-50 is that
the M camera equivalent to 35-70 on an SLR is the wider range: the M
invites you to get close, and therefore this combination is the
"perfect" one ;-) I suppose there is some truth in it. The M is a walk
in closer kind of item.

Cheers

Alastair