Subject: [Leica] M7 base plate plastic! My Black Paint is Better than Yours
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun May 23 13:58:40 2004

I have to say the before joining this list any time I bought a piece of
new camera equipment, whatever the brand, while I was still in the store
I'd take it out of the box, pull off that annoying plastic bottom plate
condom, gather up all the booklets and mail in crap other than the
english instruction manual - if it was a camera body or flash - and the
warranty, and hand all the garbage over the sales person and ask him to
toss it for me. And oddly enough, I never had anyone say, "But sir, that
is a Leica box - don't you realize you can sell it to some half-wit on
Ebay?" ;-)

BUT - since joining the LUG - and since getting most of my equipment by
FedEx - I've been letting the boxes pile up on a closet shelf - of
course I don't know what box goes with what, but I do know that someday
if I'm broke and out of work, I can always sell off the boxes.....
:-)

B. D.