Subject: [Leica] Car shots
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Tue May 25 21:01:20 2004

Sunday before last a friend recruited my wife and I to assist in bringing
some of his Ferraris to a huge concours in of all places Reading PA.  it is
a private event, and well over a hundred cars showed up.  It is not
advertised, so if you don't know about it....  It was the 20th annual event
and so he brought 5 cars, a spec built IMSA racer built for Paul Newman
based on a 308 (he trailed that), as well as a 360, 330, 275. and a Dino.
My wife chose the Dino and I chose the 275 - no it was not red, a light blue
metallic, looked like it belonged in a Cary Grant movie from the 60s.  It
ended up winning best of class.  I did not see any Enzo versions but plenty
of other models from F50s to 308s.  getting there early is the trick so you
can actually hear the others coming in.  As Don pointed out, the engines
sing.  We have been invited to a Ferrari rally in a few weeks, but I'll
probably be driving our P car, good for tweaking some folks.

And to bring some semblance of Leica topic here, I packed the M7, NOCT, and
21 the goal being to create some panorama shots of the field.  About 1/2 way
to the event I realized I left the bag sitting by the door.  Sigh. We did
have the G5 though and managed to expose over 100 digital frames.

Sonny,
You should hang around and listen to the engine sing.  There is almost
nothing like the sound of an Italian engine in full song: maybe a Wasp
coughing into life on an antique bomber.

There are a couple of Ferrari's in my neighborhood and this is the time
of year when they come out to play.  Also, growing up in Kansas City,
there were a couple of owners that would scream down Ward Parkway doing
at least 100 mph: the state line was just a couple of blocks away and
the KCMO police didn't really want to deal with a very rich person on
the wrong side of the state line for a speeding ticket.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Car shots)