Subject: [Leica] Leica newbie inquiry
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed May 26 08:00:46 2004

If you are primarily shooting handheld in low light you will find the
rangefinders vastly superior to any reflex camera - it has nothing to do
with the reflex being Leica, or any particular Leica. The Ms simply do
not have the mirror, and mirror bounce. And because they are fairly
heavy for their size, and are beautifully balanced, they are
comparatively easy to hand hold steadily. When I was young, I could
manage a hand-held exposure of 1/2 second when absolutely necessary, and
1/4 wasn't anything really special. Now my realistic limit is about
1/15th, although I'll still try the 1/4. But the decline is due to
aging, not the camera.

Best

B. D.