Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica newbie's "hard earned bread"
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 26 10:06:20 2004

   If newbie did not yet have a Leica range finder or SLR -- thinking largely
in terms of his hard-earned bread -- I might opt for a range finder,
particularly since macro photos have definitely been possible for many years, with the
use of a low-cost ground-glass Leica device called a focaslide and a series
of low-cost extension tubes, plus a low-cost copying stand or tripod for, say,
flowers.  [I used it as a kid years ago to take pictures of postage stamps.]
  But since he already has Leica R stuff, my feeling would be to stay with
that -- mostly because none of his R lenses can be used with a range finder. In
other words, if he now elects to buy a range finder, he also has to buy
lenses. With expensive adapters, range-finder lenses can be made to work on Leica
and other brand SLRs.--bob cole