Subject: [Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed May 26 16:39:41 2004

Actually, the most fascinating thing about the Janet Jackson affair - so
to speak - and the FCC clamp down, is that it has turned Howard Stern,
the country's leading "shock jock," into a virulent Bush hater. Stern
has turned his program into a daily support the 1st Amendment And Send
These Religious Wakos Back Where They Came From four hours. And his
audience, and his influence, are enormous. Christie Todd Whitman makes
no bones about the fact that Stern was responsible for her victory when
she ran for NJ governor, and there are those who said that Stern's
support was a great help to George Pataki in being elected Gov. of NY.
If this is a close election, and Stern fans follow the leader, it could
be they, rather than Rush "The Junkie" Limbaugh's ditto-heads who tip
the scales, if for no other reason than that Limbaugh's audience is
already committed to Bush, while Stern's contains many non-voters, and
people without any real conviction. Fascinating.