Subject: [Leica] M3 question
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 28 08:13:40 2004

In a message dated 5/28/2004 10:03:40 AM Central Standard Time,
saganicc@mskcc.org writes:

Can  anyone explain what a "pin registered M3" means.  It has to do with a
Leitz Reprovit II Copystand.

Thanks,

Chris Saganich
Radiation  Safety
x7391

Pin registratrion is a way to hold each frame in a precise place  relative to
the frame line, so that you can go through and expose a roll of  film, and
then rewind, and double expose, triple expose, (whatever), to add  other
information to the frame.
---
It also enables you to make a series of shots that are identical in frame,
so that for example, you can do slide animations with multiple projectors.   I
hope that is clear.  I would suspect a pin-regfistered M3 would be a rare
thing.  They are most common on high end motion picture cameras.  I've  used a
pin-registered Nikon for copystand work primarily for multi projector  slide
shows.
---
Hope this helps.
--