Subject: [Leica] The Horror, The Horror
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri May 28 15:51:51 2004

On 5/28/04 <dpost@triad.rr.com (Dan Post)> thoughtfully wrote:

>The thing that struck me, aside from the stupidity of the guards, was the
>part of the article about congress limiting who and what could be
>photographed. Not only is this a clear intrusion on the tenth amendment, but
>it seems like a start up the 'slippery slope' of abridging the first
>amendment. So far, street photographers are banned from taking shot in and
>around subways, as I understand, and possibly in other venues of public
>transportation. Who is to say that there might not be a ban on photographing
>interesting looking people since the attention might be construed as
>something sinister- photographing ugly people might hurt their self esteem,
>or photographing people eating might cause some mental trauma in the
>'victims'.

The bill in question regarding photography is in large part due to "up-skirting"
and the inappropriate use of digital images from cell phones. I understand the
concern.

While it may seem like a pllot from Fred Ritchin's perspective it does seem like
a protection, and a source of remedy for the drooling idiots who are making
money out of these images right now.

I'll leave you to google to discover how.

I just LOVE american pop culture.

AB