Subject: [Leica] The Horror, The Horror
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri May 28 23:49:01 2004

> I know of no professional military men who feel anything other than
> revulsion at the prison photos. Not because they were released but
> because of the clear lack of honor and empathy they represent. It's not
> that they want them hidden - they want them never to have existed in the
> first place - that the actions were wrong and the command structure
> damaged so badly that they could be allowed.

My experience too, Adam. Something has gone far amiss. I grew up with the
American military. Sure, mistakes have always been made, but to this
extent? No, something went terribly wrong. "Reserves" comes to mind. What
scares me is that the reserves come from a slice of life in the US. Have
things become so hard and insensitive?

Best,
Daniel