Subject: [Leica] Re: Depression FSA Kodachromes
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon May 31 17:40:50 2004

Happening NOW? What film do you use that it looks like this, and where
do you live that people dress like this? :-)

However...I was intrigued by Adam's comment about the images being
familiar to him, and reminded of him of growing up in the 50s - I have
long thought that photographs from the 30s to the early 60s have a very
similar look, which is to say that clothing, cars, etc., were quite
similar. If I think back to the late 50s, or look at photos from that
era, particularly pictures of kids, the photos could have been taken
pretty much any time during the almost 30 previous years. The big break
in terms of clothing and general "look" came in the mid-60s,and if you
look at photos from the late 60s, early 70s, and compare them to photos
from even five, six or seven years earlier, it's almost like you're
looking at something from another century.

B. D.