Subject: [Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jun 1 12:18:31 2004

Well, we didn't use nukes when a black man was dragged to his death
behind a truck in Texas, or when a gay man in, was it Wyoming, was
crucified on a fence. No, wait, not here in the U.S. of A. We are
farrrrr to civilized for those things to have happened.

I believe the discussion had to do with POWs and their treatment. After
all, didn't we go to war because we knew what beasts "those people" are?
And look at the tonnage we already dumped on them.