Subject: [Leica] Getty Photos
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Jun 1 16:06:05 2004

> Can you tell that from your monitor or do you know the photo?  Maybe I need to change my glasses prescription.

No, you probably just need a better monitor, or to calibrate the one you have better.

My Apple Cinema Display, set to use 24-bit color ("Millions of colors"), had no trouble displaying the subtle differences in the various blacks. A good Windows monitor with good video card should also be able to show the differences.

Here's the image run through Photoshop to exaggerate the tonal variations (all of this was shades of black in the original)

http://riverside.reid.org/~reid/gettyman.jpg

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Getty Photos)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Getty Photos)