Subject: [Leica] help - what do I charge for a shoot?? $650K for 3 rolls
From: LeicaNikon at earthlink.net (Stephen@CameraQuest.com)
Date: Fri Jun 4 22:11:27 2004

ah yes, the eternal question of what to charge, what is fair, what's it
worth.
that all depends upon the eye of the beholder.

you might remember the John Travolta's  film Swordfish a few years back.   I
watched much of it being filmed in a city called Ventura, half way between LA
and Santa Barbara.   To me there are two things truly memorable about that
film.   The first is Travolta's  opening monologue, a wonderful comment on
the
move industry itself.   The second is Helmut Newton's Swordfish publicity
group
shot. Not a great shot, not to me anyway.  But memorable because I am told
his
fee for 3  rolls of 35mm film was only $650,000.  Not too bad.  The funny
part
is that supposedly he had the body doubles for the stars during the test
shots
remove their clothes!   hell, for $650K why not.

so, try for $650K and work down.   it makes $100K sound like a bargain.

Stephen