Subject: [Leica] alligator territory
From: brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly)
Date: Mon Jun 7 11:08:44 2004

On Jun 7, 2004, at 5:05 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I heard they can run 40mph. I'd feel safer in the water. But they don't
> climb trees so that would be plan A. At least the north American
> variety.

you're dead meat in the water.  you wouldn't even know a gator was
there until your leg was halfway down his throat.

as for the running, they can run very fast for short distances, but,
because of their short legs, they can't turn very effectively.  you're
supposed to run in a zig-zag manner if from a gator.

--
brad daly
brad@bradbrad.com

        --Napoleon Bonaparte