Subject: [Leica] Ted's Book
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jun 8 08:02:42 2004

Tom Furlotte offered:

> The postman just delivered Ted and Sandy's new book.  The pictures are
magnificent (as expected).
> The photographers supplement is a must have for anyone interested in
documentary style photography.
> Congratulations to Ted and Sandy on this compelling collection of images.
> Great work!<<<<<<<<

Hi Tom,
Thank you mon ami. One important thing for us to hear is how Leica users
feel about what we've done and how they perceive the results.

As much as family and friends give us praise, ( sometimes it seems all we
receive.) ;-) We're not complaining, as praise is praise and always good for
the soul to receive.

But there's an important group that read it and tell us how they feel. The
photographers who buy it who really take the time to look at it, then tell
us how we did.

Not to mention the answer to, "how did we do for our months of 12-14 hour
days on the road capturing what we perceive as, "magical medical
professional moments?"

For those who've never been published in book form the end result wasn't as
easy to produce as it appears on the page.

We had one fellow say, "gee that must have been easy all you did was go to a
hospital shoot a bunch of strange looking people with masks on, click,
click, outta there ... done."

"And what could be so difficult in a doctor's office? You've got a captured
subject? Hell they can't go anywhere." Click, click, outta there......
done!"

The clincher is , "And you get paid to do that? Jeeeesh, how lucky can you
get?"

One in every crowd. ;-)

So Tom, trust me, your comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.
ted & Sandy

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Ted's Book)