Subject: [Leica] Baxter the Hooper for PAW#23
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Wed Jun 9 10:31:39 2004

There is a local group of hula-hoopers who have taken this children's game
to new heights.  They make their own extra-large, extra-heavy hoops and
bring them to various local events where they show off their talents and
have them available for others to play with.

I've photographed them a couple of times in passing, and this last week I
brought them an 8x10 of one of the shots I'd taken
(http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/Pix2003/pages/hoopers.html) and introduced
myself (following some excellent advice gleaned from the LUG.)  They were
very pleased with the print, we chatted for a few minutes, and then they
started hooping and I started shooting.

This week's PAW is a 21mm shot of Baxter doing his thing with his hoop.  It
was a little scary getting that close:

http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_23/index.html

The alternates are also of Baxter, but a little safer as I used a 90mm:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_23/pages/alt1.html
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_23/pages/alt2.html
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_23/pages/alt3.html

Thanks for looking/commenting,