Subject: [Leica] Remembering the Reagan years
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jun 10 07:37:56 2004

Johnson, like Reagan, lay in state in the Rotunda, and hundreds of
thousands of people streamed by. Not quite a "blip." I'll be interested
to see the final count in terms of people who paid last respects to
Reagan, v. Johnson. Also, remember that when Johnson died, we didn't
have 24 hour cable news and talking heads, no CNN, no FOX, no C-Span,
MSNBC, CNBC, etc. etc. Just the networks, for whom a one or two hour
special on one day was a big deal.