Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 23 & 24: More Amsterdam and Seville
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jun 13 04:19:54 2004

Since these are the two places between which I divide my time, the
pictures from the last 2 weeks reflect that.

First, week 23. I went to see the World Press Photo exhibit in
Amsterdam. As is usually the case, the selection of images was dominated
by various conflicts, and the images were consequently quite strong, as
evidenced by the serious manner in which people looked at them:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_23.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_23alt1.jpg
(both of these with M6, 35mm Summilux, on Agfa Scala)

The second alternate is either a piece of garbage or something very
deep--you decide. I normally commute by motorcycle this time of year,
but one morning I had to take the car. This is what the commute looks
like in a car on the A1 motorway near Amsterdam. Notice the motorcyclist
coming up to pass between the lanes--this is precisely why I like to
commute on motorcycle...
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_23alt2.jpg
(CL, 40mm Summicron, Provia 400F)

For week 24 we go south to Seville. I was in my neighbourhood
supermarket and saw this cute dog waiting for its owner at the entrance:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_24.jpg

Then the owner came along and I realised that I had photographed her and
a friend on a city street back in October! So I asked to photograph her
again, and she said sure, but first she had to check if she looked
allright--this is what she is explaining here:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_24alt1.jpg

Once she was satisfied with her appearance, this picture resulted:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_24alt2.jpg

The following evening I was eating dinner outside in the balmy
temperatures. One of the attractions of doing that is that you can enjoy
the various sights of the city:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_24alt3.jpg

All week 24 pictures with my most basic outfit: CL, 40mm Summicron,
Tri-X.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and as always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands