Subject: [Leica] My meeting with Sal
From: rtansa at singnet.com.sg (rtansa)
Date: Mon Jun 14 01:22:37 2004

Dear Kyle

Some time mid last year, I responded to a 'for sale' notice on the LUG put
up by Sal, for two of his SL2 MOT's. I was travelling to NY from Singapore
for work and arranged to meet him in NYC to do the deal.

Sal showed up and we spent a morning and lunch together. It was an excellent
time. We walked around NYC, took pictures, and had lunch. He shared many of
his stories with me, and also told me about how he photographed Tom Clancy,
and about him being mentioned in the book 'Lost Over Laos', and many many
other stories. Time flew by and it was time for him to catch a train to go
home. We kept in touch now and then, to talk about his SL2s etc.

At that occasion, he showed me his brassy black paint Leica with his own
serial number, and his 50 mm Summilux. I remember as though it was just
yesterday.He took time to spend time with me and just talk about Leica,
photography, and his friends in the business.

I am happy to have bought his SL2 MOT's ( both of them ) and will always
think of him when I use them. I am glad to have something close to him to
remember him by.

Indeed as he always signs off , Happy Snaps Sal!!

Rgds
Roland Tan
Singapore