Subject: [Leica] In memoriam: Sal DiMarco, Jr.
From: dkhong at pacific.net.sg (dkhong@pacific.net.sg)
Date: Mon Jun 14 16:51:34 2004

Friends,

I have only two encounters with Sal to share.

One was when he offered his user Leica M2 for sale and the sale did not work
out. He showed great patience and understanding when I decided not to buy
another M2.

The second time was when he recommended that I read the book LOST OVER LAOS.
I purchased a copy from Amazon and asked Sal if he could help me get the
book autographed by the authors Richard Pyle and Horst Faas. Instead of
sending the book to the UK and then to the US, Sal organised their
signatures in the form of a letter which could be pasted on the first page
of the book. Sal need not have gone through all that for someone who stays
on a little island which is just a red dot on the world map but he did
anyway. Going "the extra mile" is just putting it mildly for what he does
for people that he has not even met. We could all learn from him.

Sal deserves a place in heaven. In this life that is so transient and brief
compared to eternity, the only way to get to heaven is to die. It's the
suddenness that this happens which makes it so sad.

Dan K.
Singapore