Subject: [Leica] Problems with our extended family.
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Jun 16 17:10:23 2004

I think what's sad is that we're seeing the loss of a generation of
photographers, those that fell in love with the craft after the
second world war. Those who picked up their cameras in the wonderful
all-manual days of the  1950s and 1960s are now in their 60s, 70s,
and 80s.   I can't imagine what is was like to get inspired in those
heady days of Life and the other magazines, when the still image
still reigned supreme.

Us latter-generation photographers are a different breed. We had the
option of TTL metering, auto-exposure,  auto-focus, and 1 hr labs.
Although many of us *choose* to forgo these options, the presence
nonetheless has shaped our photography.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura