Subject: [Leica] which R to avoid
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 12:14:30 2004

      While I stick to range finder, my notes say to avoid the R4 and the
R4S
below Serial No. 1,600,000. Also McKeown's Camera price guide for 2001-2002
[page 423] or any McKeown's  price guides [under the Leitz] listings mention
that the first three generations of the R4 are subject to electronic
problems
and, therefore, to avoid R4s out of warranty or with serial numbers under
1,600,000. --bob cole